Gislason & Hunter LLP represents numerous financial institutions, from community banks in rural Minnesota to regional lenders in the Midwest. Thoroughly familiar with financial economic conditions and the ever-evolving regulatory environment, our Minnesota banking and finance attorneys provide legal guidance, practical solutions and litigation services.
Bank Law And The Business Side Of Banking
Our banking law practice provides sophisticated counsel and experienced representation across the spectrum. We service banks engaged in real estate lending, agricultural lending and commercial lending, including the following representative matters:
- Loan transactions — loan documentation to collateralize and secure all forms of loans, including loan and credit agreements, subordination and participation agreements
- Loan workouts — forbearance, refinancing, lender liability
- Collection actions — replevin, liquidation of collateral, repossession, real estate foreclosures, disposition of acquired real estate, and title registration proceedings
- Portfolio management — administration, transfer, collection and resolution of loan portfolios acquired from FDIC
- Regulatory compliance — Dodd-Frank, Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB), etc.
- Employment and HR consulting — policies, handbooks and training; terminations and layoffs; EEOC compliance and investigations
- Business planning and administration — bank formation, reorganization or consolidation, transfer of bank assets, management and shareholder issues
- Bank litigation, including litigation between lenders
- Bankruptcy proceedings and receiverships
- Commercial lending — Due diligence, loan structuring, refinancing, environmental and regulatory compliance
- Mergers and acquisitions — Structuring of definitive merger agreements and other transactions, restructuring existing financing, escrow agreements
- Corporate governance — Shareholder relations, disclosures, regulatory compliance, audits, director and officer liability
Comprehensive Services To Local And Regional Banks
With locations in New Ulm and Mankato, as well as offices in Minneapolis and Des Moines, we represent small to midsize banks in southwest Minnesota, statewide and beyond. We also provide comprehensive services to a number of regional banking clients such as Bank Midwest and AgriBank.
To arrange a consultation with any of the experienced banking lawyers of Gislason & Hunter LLP, please call 507-354-3111 or contact us online.
Gislason & Hunter LLP attorneys who practice in this area of law include: