Proper estate planning is essential to ensuring the orderly transfer of family assets, including business assets. Estate planning also works to protect those assets from unnecessary taxation.
At Gislason & Hunter LLP, our practice is rooted in rural Minnesota, and the majority of our more than 40 attorneys were raised in the Midwest. We understand the needs of our neighbors, and over the last 80 years, we have built our full-service law firm to serve them efficiently and effectively.
However, low fees should not be the determining factor when you choose a Minnesota estate planning lawyer. Good estate planning requires expert advice about tax planning, business succession and contingency planning. If a loved one becomes incapacitated or dies unexpectedly, you will have peace of mind knowing that everything is in order.
Legal Offices In Minnesota And Iowa
Our core clients are business owners and executives, professionals, farm families, and other individuals and couples who have amassed significant wealth. With offices in New Ulm, Mankato, Minneapolis and Des Moines, we offer comprehensive, affordable services whether you are just getting started or are updating your estate plan:
- Drafting wills, trusts, codicils and powers of attorney
- Preparing health care directives and living wills
- Creating family business succession plans with emphasis on each family's particular goals and values
- Farm estate and succession planning
- Evaluating estate and gift tax issues and structuring planning options to minimize tax obligations
- Administering and assisting clients with probate proceedings, conservatorships and guardianships
- Advising on Medicaid, Medicare, nursing home and elder law issues
- Handling disputed estate and probate matters in litigation, arbitration or mediation formats
Our attorneys individualize your estate plan. We work to provide a smooth transition between generations and minimize tax exposure while protecting your assets. We will create an estate plan that preserves your legacy and mitigates family discord.
Please call Gislason & Hunter LLP at 507-354-3111 or contact us online to discuss our services and your unique needs during a consultation with one of our estate planning attorneys.
Gislason & Hunter LLP attorneys who practice in this area of law include: