Ryan C. Ellis
Ryan Ellis is a civil litigation attorney in Gislason & Hunter LLP’s Minneapolis, Minnesota office. He concentrates his practice on medical malpractice defense where he represents hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, physicians, nurses, and other health care providers.
In addition to the experience Ryan has gained while at Gislason & Hunter, he was a risk manager for a major Minnesota hospital and a litigation attorney for another Minnesota law firm where he gained valuable experience defending contractors in construction defect actions and insurance providers in insurance coverage, bad faith, and general insurance actions. Ryan is admitted to practice in Minnesota state and federal courts and Wisconsin state court.
Ryan has long had a passion for law and a strong work ethic. Those attributes guide his approach to both his legal practice and his life. Ryan became an attorney so that he could bring together his interests and his ideals to not only represent his clients, but to advocate for them. Ryan began his legal career as an Assistant Attorney General in the Public Protection Division of the Minnesota Attorney General's Office. That experience caused Ryan to understand that oftentimes litigation can be very daunting to those brought into it. Ryan relies on his passion, dedication, and values to assist his clients through that process and to achieve the best results for them.
When away from the office and courtroom, Ryan cherishes the time he can spend with his wife and four children, hoping most of that time can be spent on the water beneath a warm Minnesota sky.
Areas of Practice
- Appellate Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Personal Injury Defense
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor magna cum laude - 2006
- Saint Cloud State University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science magna cum laude - 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Anoka County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Maslon, Edelman, Borman & Brand, Law Clerk, 2005
- Office of the Attorney General-Public Protection Division, Assistant Attorney General, 2008 - 2009