The Early Years
Sidney P. Gislason opened his law practice in 1937 with one purpose in mind: to provide the highest quality legal services to the people of New Ulm, Minnesota and the surrounding area. Building on this foundation of dedication to excellence, Gislason & Hunter LLP has steadily expanded its offices and legal staff to meet the growing and diverse needs of its clients. From modest beginnings in a second floor office, the firm has grown in size and stature to become one of the largest firms in the state of Minnesota.
The Modern Era
As the firm has grown, so has the scope of its law practice. Gislason & Hunter LLP has now become a regional law firm representing clients throughout the Midwest and Northern Plains States. In 2000, Gislason & Hunter LLP opened an office in Des Moines, Iowa. Along with its offices in New Ulm, Mankato, Minneapolis, and Mapleton; the firm consists of over 40 attorneys and a support staff of over 60.
The Gislason & Hunter family of attorneys, paralegals, and administrative staff work as a team to provide the very best results for our clients. In order to continue this tradition of excellence, our lawyers and staff understand that it is important to stay abreast of rapidly changing legal trends through continuing legal education, state-of-the-art computerized legal support, and advanced communication technologies.
Gislason & Hunter LLP has earned the reputation for being one of the finest civil litigation and corporate transaction law firms in the Upper Midwest.