Attorney, Des Moines Office
Gislason & Hunter LLP is expanding its Des Moines office and is seeking a full-time attorney to practice primarily in the corporate area. The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience in a corporate or transactional practice. Some portable business is required along with the desire to develop more. Interest or experience in health law or banking law is a plus. Salary is negotiable based on qualifications. Confidential inquiries should be made to Teresa Reiner via email or call (763) 225-6000.
Attorney, Mankato & New Ulm Offices
Gislason & Hunter LLP seeks an associate attorney to join our Southern Minnesota practice. Qualified candidates should have at least one year of experience as well as strong academic credentials and legal research and writing skills. Experience with secured transactions, drainage and water rights, litigation and corporate law a plus. This position provides a motivated attorney
with the opportunity to take on substantial responsibility and ownership over individual client matters, while also working with a team on complex issues. Gislason & Hunter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and law school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Administrative Assistant
Gislason & Hunter LLP is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant for our Minneapolis office. The Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for producing a variety of work product related to the attorney/client interaction and for supporting the attorney and other timekeepers. This role is responsible for document editing, file management, court filings, calendars, communication and other support tasks. This role supports the attorneys and timekeepers to enable them to effectively serve our clients. Qualified candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Exceptional organizational skills to keep each file and supervising attorney(s) organized, up to date and all deadlines met.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize multiple projects at once. Good time management is essential. Ability to anticipate upcoming deadlines while also balancing the day-to-day tasks necessary to keep each case running smoothly.
- Strong command of the English language with superb proofreading, spelling, and grammar skills.
- Effective communication and relationship skills when working with supervising attorney(s), vendors, courts, clients, co-workers, other attorneys, and experts.
- Work well with others, be a team player and pitch in to offer assistance. Ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Current technology skills with the ability to fully utilize the firm’s document management system, Microsoft Office, and other firm applications.
- Desire to go the extra mile and the drive to be successful.
- Preferred: two years’ experience as a legal administrative assistant, legal assistant, or administrative assistant. We will also consider applicants with a certificate in lieu of experience.
Gislason & Hunter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits. For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.