Responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the firm in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
Provide key planning support for the firm’s financial strategic planning, and profitability analysis. It includes the process of aligning operational plans with the strategic plan of the firm, the allocation of resources and the modification of governance structures to achieve objectives.
Design and implement procedures and internal controls to promote effectiveness while maintaining appropriate division of responsibilities. Develop and analyze data and models to predict financial results or the financial impact of strategic management decisions or operations.
Prepare and monitor annual budget for the Firm. Management of working capital including short-term and long-term debts, inventories, accounts receivable and payable and cash position. Provide reporting for production, profitability and expense analysis.
Establish and maintain appropriate relationships with outside accounting and consulting firms engaged for the preparation of accounting reports, income tax returns. Management of firm tax and financial reporting requirements.
Supervise all employees in the finance department.
- Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Minimum -Five years’ experience in different areas of a finance department with increasing responsibility.
- Leadership qualities with ability to thrive in a high growth environment. Motivational abilities to accomplish task or achieve goal. Experience supervising staff.
- Good judgement as evidenced by mature business decisions made in a timely manner. History of solid suggestions and decisions over time.
- Ability to work independently under defined deadlines in a fast-paced environment as well as the ability to work well with a management team.
- Strong communication skills providing the ability to communicate well with co-workers, attorneys and staff.
- Thorough understanding of computerized management information systems, business principals and use of current standard PC software tools. Experienced with Microsoft Suite, Quickbooks and Rippe Kingston Information Systems preferred
- Advanced knowledge and skills using Microsoft Excel including vertical look-up and pivot tables required.
- High level of aptitude for the organization and prioritization of a large number of different tasks and responsibilities requiring high levels of mental effort while performing many problem-solving tasks and other essential duties.