Gislason & Hunter LLP is an established and trusted law firm that has grown from a solo practice in a small town to become both a fixture in several communities and a powerful regional firm. We provide comprehensive legal services to businesses and individuals in Minnesota and the Upper Midwest. We are a dynamic law firm seeking a transactional Legal Administrative Assistant for our Minneapolis (Golden Valley) office. Our firm values both excellence in performance and maintaining a positive and enthusiastic work environment.
The Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for producing a variety of work product related to the attorney/client interaction and for supporting the attorney and other timekeepers. This role is responsible for document creation and editing, file management, court filings, calendars, communication and other support tasks. This role supports the attorneys and timekeepers to enable them to effectively serve our clients.
This position will support attorneys in the practice areas of banking/bankruptcy, estate/probate and real estate. Experience in secured transactions, foreclosures and/or legal descriptions required. The right candidate also has experience with loan agreements, security interests, bankruptcy, and banking.
Qualified candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Superb attention to detail in all work product.
- Exceptional organizational skills to keep each file and supervising attorney(s) organized, up to date and deadlines met.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize multiple projects at once. Good time management is essential. Ability to anticipate upcoming deadlines while also balancing the day-to-day tasks necessary to keep each case running smoothly.
- Strong command of the English language including proofreading, spelling, and grammar skills. Property legal description experience preferred.
- Effective communication and relationship skills when working with supervising attorney(s), courts, clients, co-workers, other attorneys, and experts.
- Work well with others, be a team player and pitch in to offer assistance. Ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Current technology skills with the ability to fully utilize the firm’s document management system, Microsoft Office, and other firm applications.
- Desire to go the extra mile and the drive to be successful.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a legal administrative assistant, legal assistant, or paralegal. Experience in the banking, real estate or title industries also considered.
No recruiters, please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Required)
- transactional legal work: 2 years (Required)
- Legal: 2 years (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
For consideration, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org