Located in the heart of downtown Des Moines, the Gislason & Hunter Des Moines office provides legal services for practice areas including Insurance & Reinsurance, Intellectual Property, Litigation and Medical Malpractice.
Medical Malpractice Paralegal/Legal Administrative Assistant
Gislason & Hunter LLP is seeking a Medical Malpractice Paralegal/Legal Administrative Assistant for our Des Moines office. This position is responsible for supporting the attorneys in a variety of tasks including file management, document drafting, research, trial preparation, medical record review and analysis, communication, calendaring and other support tasks as assigned. This position has an important role in managing a case load from start to finish and assisting the attorneys in providing our clients with the best possible results. This position is a blended timekeeper/support role with a monthly billable hours requirement.
Qualified candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Five years’ experience as a legal administrative assistant, legal assistant or paralegal in a similar practice area. We will also consider applicants with commensurate experience in a medical field. Experience reviewing and analyzing medical records is a must.
- Exceptional organizational skills to keep each case and supervising attorney(s) organized, up to date and all deadlines met.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize multiple projects at once. Good time management is essential. Ability to anticipate upcoming deadlines while also balancing the day-to-day tasks necessary to keep each case running smoothly.
- Effective communication and relationship skills when working with supervising attorney(s), vendors, courts, clients, co-workers, other attorneys, and experts.
- Current technology skills with the ability to fully utilize the firm’s document management system, and other firm applications.
Gislason & Hunter LLP is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits.
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attorneys at the Gislason & Hunter Des Moines office volunteer time to serve as Guest Lecturer’s at local law schools, community foundation groups and their local bar associations. The employees like to get involved in charity programs such as Meals from the Heartland.