Abby enjoys her work with a wide variety of corporate clients, providing guidance and support on issues from estate and succession planning to financial and real estate transactions to commercial litigation.
She counsels multi-generational businesses and families with inherited wealth in the areas of wealth preservation and estate planning and administration.
She also works with leading institutions in structuring and documenting secured transactions and enforcing those
Areas of Expertise
Agriculture Law & Agribusiness
- Estate & Success Planning
- Business Entity Formatting
- Partner & Shareholder Agreements
- Contract Law
- Purchase of Sale of Business
- Creditors' Rights
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Custody, Parenting Time & Child Support
- Court Orders
- Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements
- Grandparent & Third-Party Visitation Custody Rights
- Order of Protection & Harassment Restraining Orders
- Farm Ownership & Divorce
Finance & Banking
- Loan Transactions
- Bank Litigation
- Business Planning & Administration
- Commercial Lending
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Governance
- Commercial Litigation
- Ownership Disputes & Dissolutions
- Business Torts Litigation
- Banking Litigation
- Civil Appellate Law
Trusts & Estates
- Business Succession Planning
- Health Care Directives & Living Wills
- Farm Estate & Succession Planning
- Estate & Probate Litigation
- Charitable Gift Planning
Post-Decree Divorce Disputes
Represented clients in a variety of post-divorce disputes including enforcing property distribution terms, parenting time disputes and change of custody actions.
Estate Planning for High Asset Individuals
Drafted a wide variety of trust instruments in order to maximize tax efficiency and carry out clients wishes to provide for their families and future charitable giving.
Sale of Closely Held Business
Worked with a number of small business owners in closing the sale of their closely held business and advised clients on how to structure that sale in the most advantageous manner.
Succession Planning for Family Farms
Worked with farm families throughout southern Minnesota in planning for the future transfer of the family farm from generation to generation. Special planning was needed to ensure that older generations can continue to earn a livelihood and be financially supported while transitioning ownership of the farm, and to provide for non-farming children as well as the children who wish to continue to the family business.