Agriculture Law & Agribusiness
Andrew M. Tatge
Andrew M. Tatge is the Managing Partner of Gislason & Hunter LLP and leads the firm’s family law practice group. In his law practice, Andrew represents business owners, farmers, professionals (doctors, lawyers, accountants, dentists, etc.)—or their spouses—and other individuals throughout Minnesota in a wide range of family law matters, including handling all aspects of complex and high net worth divorces and negotiating antenuptial and postnuptial agreements. With a knack for seeing the big picture and helping clients make good choices, Andrew tirelessly works to resolve matters with his clients’ long-term best interests in mind.
While Andrew is far and away most proud of the many successful results he has achieved for clients outside of the courtroom—many times before a court case is even filed—he has also achieved significant success in motion practice, in trial, and on appeal, including having successfully argued significant family law cases before the Minnesota Court of Appeals and the Minnesota Supreme Court. Andrew enjoys solving complex and difficult issues and guiding his clients through what for many is the most emotional and difficult time of their lives. In addition to representing his clients, Andrew is a frequent lecturer on complex family law issues to both local and national audiences and co-authors the Financial Issues in Farm Divorce chapter of the Minnesota Family Law Financial Deskbook. His recent presentations include:
- Farm Divorce Basics, Minnesota State Bar Association Family Law Section
- Divorce for Farmers, National Business Institute
- Divorce Law: Common Mistakes in Dividing Assets, National Business Institute
- Financial Tracing in Divorce, National Business Institute
- Dividing Assets in Divorce: The Ultimate Guide, National Business Institute
- Family Law Case Management for Paralegals, Institute for Paralegal Education
- Advanced Divorce: Your Top Questions Answered, National Business Institute
- Child and Spousal Support: The Ultimate Legal Guide, National Business Institute
- Divorce Law from A to Z, National Business Institute
- Negotiating Divorce Settlements, National Business Institute
- Dividing Trust Assets in Divorce, National Business Institute
Clients with significant assets, a farm, or other business appreciate Andrews’s finance background and experience representing other businesses and business owners, along with his significant knowledge of farm, real estate, business valuation, accounting, and finance principles. Andrew also represents unmarried individuals in custody and parenting time matters, as well as those entering into cohabitation agreements to protect assets and income.
No matter what kind of case Andrew is handling, he understands and appreciates clients’ concerns about the cost of legal services and utilizes his experienced staff and other attorneys in the firm to ensure that your financial resources are used efficiently and appropriately, and that the right person is doing the job.
- Family Law Practice
- Business & Professional Practice Divorce
- Specific Divorce Cases